Archives by date
You are browsing the site archives by date.
Science rests on reductionism: the reduction of complex issues to digestible bits. From there, researchers try to piece together the bigger picture. But in the life sciences we now see
on: 30 September 2019
In Asia, banana leaves were always used for food packaging. But they quickly deteriorate. They have been overtaken by plastics, that now often clog the waterways and pollute the oceans.
on: 19 September 2019
Pesticide resistance is a brand new phenomenon, historically speaking. It was first reported in 1914, just a century ago. A result of chemical, and later biotechnological methods of pest control.
on: 3 September 2019
- Mycelium as a construction material by Diederik van der Hoeven | posted on April 7, 2020
- Processed banana leaves, an eco-friendly packaging solution by Diederik van der Hoeven | posted on September 19, 2019
- PHA: promising, versatile, biodegradable by Diederik van der Hoeven | posted on August 21, 2016
- Renewables versus nuclear – a choice already made by Diederik van der Hoeven | posted on January 23, 2021
- A solution to the Sargassum problem by Diederik van der Hoeven | posted on November 5, 2020