Archives by date
You are browsing the site archives by date.
At the Bio-Based Products World conference, in March in Amsterdam, two speeches struck me as particularly relevant to our times: that of Tom Domen (Ecover) and of Caroline Laurie (Kingfisher).
on: 24 July 2016
Imprisonment is the worst criminal punishment available to a European citizen. The long-term loss of freedom is loathsome for human beings, and the incarcerated almost always long for freedom. That
on: 17 July 2016
FD, the Dutch financial newspaper, today reported that Avantium will make new steps in green chemistry. It will construct a pilot plant to produce biobased MEG, directly from sugars. MEG
on: 4 July 2016
At first there was just LanzaTech, about which we wrote four years ago. Now there are many others: Newlight Technologies, INEOS Bio, Mango Materials. Companies that develop gas fermentation, using
on: 3 July 2016
- Mycelium as a construction material by Diederik van der Hoeven | posted on April 7, 2020
- Processed banana leaves, an eco-friendly packaging solution by Diederik van der Hoeven | posted on September 19, 2019
- PHA: promising, versatile, biodegradable by Diederik van der Hoeven | posted on August 21, 2016
- Renewables versus nuclear – a choice already made by Diederik van der Hoeven | posted on January 23, 2021
- A solution to the Sargassum problem by Diederik van der Hoeven | posted on November 5, 2020